Saturday, September 15, 2012

I am back

Hello Bloggers,

I can't believe November 1st 2011 was my last blog post. So much has happened in that time. It feels like forever since I have scrapped and been involved in the community of art.

I took a break from it all after dealing with the lost of my father in law. Our family really needed to focus on each other and learning to deal with the fact that he is with our Lord now. So, I stopped photography, scrapbooking, and anything else that didn't completely involve every single one of us as a family. I know you ladies understand.  As much as we love this craft, the real reason we do this is to celebrate and document the life we are blessed to be living and when a piece of that is lost then it's time to take a step back and rethink it all.
I can't tell you the struggle it's been. As many of you know, (that have followed me from the beginning) my daughter Madison and Dad were like best friends.  While it's been hard for us all, I believe she struggles the most. There are times when Steven and I will catch her just staring at a photo of the both of them. She sometimes just breaks down and acts out without any warning. We know it's just frustration. We encourage her to express herself and try to explain the way she feels.
Bailey said that he wanted to live with Jesus and not with us anymore. It's so hard to explain death to little kids. It's hard for adults to understand, even more so for children. The one thing that gets us all through is the promises we have from our Heavenly Father, The God of comfort.
Matthew 5:4 and Philippians 1:21, when the Apostle Paul says, "For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."

I have missed all of you and your inspiring work. Even more than that I have missed your friendships. The support and connections made from women all over the country and world.
I have kept in touch with a few of you. You have been so kind to check on me and my family via Facebook, and email. Thank you so much for that :) It means the world.

It looks like so much has changed in your lives as well. I have been able to sneak over to a few of your blogs and check you out and I have a lot more blog hopping to do :)

Well gals, I love you all and plan on being a consistent blogger and scrapper again :)
I am also re-entering the world of photography. I have decided to expand my market and focus on Families, Children, as well as High School Seniors again.

Thank you to all of my followers that hung in there with me. You girls rock!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Taj!! Glad to hear you are doing ok. I am sorry to hear about your father in law. I understand how you feel. My father in law passed away August, 2011, after a lengthy battle with lung cancer and emphysema. All of us here miss him so much. With the extended family the way they are, he was our only family. So, it has been a hard adjustment. You know, it is something what small children understand. Not long after Jim passed away, Ben who was 4.5 handed my DH his toy cell phone that he found at Jim's house when we were cleaning it out. He handed it to him saying that it was grandpa on the phone and he wanted him (my DH) to know he ok. Within a few days after he passed away, I was down in the basement on the computer and got this huge whiff of cigarette smoke. Now, the thing is none of us smoke. But, Jim was heavy smoker. It's been awhile since, we have felt his dad around like that. I completely understand the need to take a break and spend time with family. They are the most important thing. I hope you, your hubby and kids are doing ok. Thinking of you all!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did the right thing by focusing on the most important thing. Thank God with the passing of my step father (who all of our children loved dearly) they understood surprisingly well his passing. But everyone/child is different and I will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers. Tamika and I were just saying the other day how you've been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taj! You were definitely missed but I completely understand what you needed to do. I just lost my Aunt and there is a void in my life that I just can't seem to close. She was soo much more than a "distant relative" she was mine you know? I still find myself picking up the phone to give her a call, it is hard and I am struggling internally, trying to be strong for my girls so I truly understand your loss. But the best thing for me through scrapping and this whole internet relationship thing is being able to share and know that there maybe someone clear across the country feeling what I feel so I don't feel so alone. Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails