Thursday, March 17, 2011

TCR Blog Hop



Welcome, hopefully you started hopping from the TCR site, and are joining me from the amazing Steph Devlin's blog. My name is Taj and I am a RDA this month for The Color Room and I am having a ball. An




My take...

close up



Here are a few things that you may be interested in knowing about me.


1. I am from.........Jamaica, and have lived in several different cities and states. I am currently Designing for....... shimmerz, My little Shoebox,Scrappers Boutique, Scrapbook Daisies, Sketchy Thursdays, & this month TCR :)

2. I Live with.........My super awesome hubby of almost 6 years and our 3 crazy kiddos. Jeremiah 10, Madison 5 & Bailey almost 3.

3. On my desk right now you will find.......all of what you see on my layout for palette #50 and some extras that didn't make the cut ;)
4. My favourite colours to work with at the moment are........soft pinks, purples, yellow and always red. I don't have favorite color combo's really I just love color in general.
5. What kind of themes do you often scrap? I am a 100% everyday life scrapper. I like to record whatever it is that make my children unique. And yes I mainly scrap just for art sake.
6. Where do you scrap? In my scrap room which is an extra bedroom in our home. It's still being decorated. This is as far as I have gotten. I love it because it's really organzied.


7. What is your scrapping process? I usually start with product, if I am driven to use a set of papers then I am ready to go and can usually find photos to go with that. Sometimes it's the opposite and I have a photo or two I want to scrap and get the story down while it's fresh. I make myself a mini kit of embellies, paints, papers etc that I want to use and get started.
8. My favourite food is........ Ackee and salt fish (also known as cod fish) It's an Island meal. So yummy!!
9. My top 3 favourite tools are....... scissors, big shot, and corner rounder.
10. I get my inspiration from..... everywhere, other scrappers, magazines, clothes, you name it, there is some inspiration to be found.
11. Describe a Technique you used on your project this week........ since this weeks color palette is all blues with hits of grey. I used a piece of raw chipboard,inked the edges, & used a white rub on that would give the chipboard a grey look.


I thank you for hopping along with us this week and taking the time to get to know me better. Please leave your blogs in your comments as well. I would love to get to know you all better as well. And please become a follower so I can keep up with you!
Now it's time to hop on over to the crazy talented Tomoko's blog.

53 comments:

  1. Taj! It's a fantastic and gorgeous layout! I like this soo much!!! This is a amazing blog hop with soo much inspiration to us!!
    Hugs from Lívia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work Taj!!!
    I am following your blog now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taj - your projects are amazing - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Taj~

    Love your take on the sketch!
    So many wonderful details and such a clean page ;-)
    Love it!!

    Greetings from Chicago ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning taj... just love all of your details... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taj, you know I am a BIG FAN, i just adore what you do xo I loved getting to know you just a bit better ... not sure about the cod fish though xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could spend hours studying all of the lovely details of your amazing layouts, Taj!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taj...I just Love your take on the sketch!
    So many wonderful details and such a clean page, goog job at all!!!
    I am following your blog now!!!
    Hugs from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tajanee, i follow your blog now! Love your layout!
    Kisses. Mina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous page Taj and I didn't know you were from Jamaica!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Taj, what a beautiful LO!! so many pretty elements and I just Keep looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your project. Lots of details
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your layout. Your scrap room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All those details on your page are yummy! Thanks for sharing some things about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous =- love the layout!!!
    am following now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, as always my friend! Hope to see ya soon, miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh...so many pretty details on this layout. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. très très jolie page !
    bravo
    http://www.papillonrose.biz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, the fun things you learn about people on a blog hop!!! As always your layout is fantabulous, that child is too cute!! lol. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. fabulous take on the project!

    cheers-

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cutie! Love the picture and the beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your fun and funky LO Taj.. fabulous design!! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the layout, it is gorgeous
    Gorgeous picture, very cute.
    I am now a follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved getting to know you a bit better, Taj - and the sneaky of your space is beautiful! Wonderful layout, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous page - so many wonderful details

    www.scrappininak.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous page - so nice to know a bit more about you, Taj!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So gorgeous layout and so many details :)Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  28. I don't comment often, but you are seriously one of my favorite scrappers! LOVE your work and your studio is apparently just as fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely layout, Taj. Thanx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. lOvely L.O......will be following you...nice to have "Met" you

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awesome lo! Love the entire mix and your style! My blog is: Scrappingasigo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Taj. Love your gorgeous take on the palette!! Such a fun lo and great use of the colour. Thanks for sharing!! Cheers B-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fabbo take on the palette, just loove your clean and crisp style Taj!! great fun reading what all of you DTs have written, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a beautiful page, vibrant and energetic! I just became your follower I am Paper Boutique or Milagros C. Rivera @ the TCR and a fellow islander fro the Caribbean island Puerto Rico!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love your take on the sketch of the color room
    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your work is filled with interesting eye candy. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such a gorgeous LO! Love all the visual interest. Visiting from my blog: www.scraplifterdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Taj...this is so tunning! I love all of your details...

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi TAJ you have such a beautiful touch to your pages.... love your space also...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your interpretation of the challenge! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This layout is beyond fabulous! I love all the embellishments and layering...so much fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  42. gorgeous Taj, lovely layout and pic. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow! Stunning page Taj! love your take on the palette...

    ReplyDelete
  44. Taj: Awesome blog! Thank you for sharing your projects with us!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Taj,
    I like your style so much!
    Great take of this project!
    I´ll follow you!
    kisses from Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  46. hi Taj, very nice page! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    bye from the Netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  47. wonderful energetic design! great layout:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails