Thursday, March 17, 2011
TCR Blog Hop
Welcome, hopefully you started hopping from the TCR site, and are joining me from the amazing Steph Devlin's blog. My name is Taj and I am a RDA this month for The Color Room and I am having a ball. An
Here are a few things that you may be interested in knowing about me.
1. I am from.........Jamaica, and have lived in several different cities and states. I am currently Designing for....... shimmerz, My little Shoebox,Scrappers Boutique, Scrapbook Daisies, Sketchy Thursdays, & this month TCR :)
2. I Live with.........My super awesome hubby of almost 6 years and our 3 crazy kiddos. Jeremiah 10, Madison 5 & Bailey almost 3.
3. On my desk right now you will find.......all of what you see on my layout for palette #50 and some extras that didn't make the cut ;)
4. My favourite colours to work with at the moment are........soft pinks, purples, yellow and always red. I don't have favorite color combo's really I just love color in general.
5. What kind of themes do you often scrap? I am a 100% everyday life scrapper. I like to record whatever it is that make my children unique. And yes I mainly scrap just for art sake.
6. Where do you scrap? In my scrap room which is an extra bedroom in our home. It's still being decorated. This is as far as I have gotten. I love it because it's really organzied.
7. What is your scrapping process? I usually start with product, if I am driven to use a set of papers then I am ready to go and can usually find photos to go with that. Sometimes it's the opposite and I have a photo or two I want to scrap and get the story down while it's fresh. I make myself a mini kit of embellies, paints, papers etc that I want to use and get started.
8. My favourite food is........ Ackee and salt fish (also known as cod fish) It's an Island meal. So yummy!!
9. My top 3 favourite tools are....... scissors, big shot, and corner rounder.
10. I get my inspiration from..... everywhere, other scrappers, magazines, clothes, you name it, there is some inspiration to be found.
11. Describe a Technique you used on your project this week........ since this weeks color palette is all blues with hits of grey. I used a piece of raw chipboard,inked the edges, & used a white rub on that would give the chipboard a grey look.
I thank you for hopping along with us this week and taking the time to get to know me better. Please leave your blogs in your comments as well. I would love to get to know you all better as well. And please become a follower so I can keep up with you!
Now it's time to hop on over to the crazy talented Tomoko's blog.